Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!

Truly I am not ignoring you, just haven't finished the binding on what I wanted to show you. So that will be soon, in the mean time instead of binding, I almost have a pair of socks finished. Perhaps my word for the year should be "FOCUS". There are times when it is nice to slow down a bit and really see where you are, to make sure you are getting, to where you want to be. Today was a good day for that. NO, I have no New Year's resolutions, but I do have some very important goals.

Today's activity was originally going to be some time going through sewing room, setting priorities for the New Year. It is mostly accomplished, BUT good friend called to ask if I would like to accompany her to Ruby St. Quilt Shop. Really, am I likely to say NO. Of course their clearance was 60% off. Backing #1 taken care of! 30% off everything else except batiks. Found the two solids I have been looking for, one is a sashing and other is final border on a different top. Wait, you say Bayside is also having a sale, certainly we should check it out. Backing #2 found! and some lovely Lakehouse fabric. That was a total of 5 yards at $3 a yard. All, in all a pretty good day and lunch at the Spar with a great friend.
This is top for #1 backing!
This is getting back #2.
Now I have 3 that only need batting and then to get them on the long-arm.

Have a wonderful New Year,
Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment