Thursday, February 12, 2015

I wish you all a very Happy Valentine's Day!  I bought lovely reds and pinks for a new table runner, hoping to finish tonight. I was waylaid by a few other projects that kept nagging "me,me, me, I want finished, please please please", you know how it is when they just won't stop. So here are some wonderful finishes and one I plan on finishing.
 These two are finished and now on store display at Quilters Junction, as an after thought I also made a 10 minute table runner. It's a nice little vignette.

 This poor little thing, started it with leftovers from my "Among the Stars" quilt. As you can see one row decided it was going to go the other way. Since this is a small quilt, blocks are five inches each and was going to be 9x10 rows. Well, I felt no need to argue with the rebellious row, so I just left it out and now the top is finished squarely, 9x9 and with a border. More to come on this one later.
 Dinosaur will be my grandson's future quilt. I now have gathered all fabrics to finish! Last piece was purchased from the Elma Variety store. Good friend and I went to check it out as she had never been. They carry a lot of Blank brand fabrics, Northcott, Timeless Treasures, and tons of animal and guy prints. We also had lunch at an adorable and yummy little local place. Horrible of me but I think it was called Michael's. It was just down the block and around the corner. Ladies from the shop recommended it. Food was most excellent and will go back again.
 These are some close ups of the previous quilt I posted. I really think this is one of my all time favorites. The little squares are from Nancy Rink's Mill Girls, but the rest is all mine. This block shown is my favorite, I just love that fabric in the center.

Off to new and wonderful things, I will be joining my sister in Astoria OR, this weekend and we are going to visit just a few shops that are participating in their Oregon Coast Shop Hop, Quilt Run 101. So when I get back I hope to have great things to tell you.
Support your local quilt shop.
Rita

2 comments:

  1. Loved seeing all your projects. I really love the quilt that you made with the Mill girls blocks. The colors are so great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your rainy octopus! He's adorable with his big googly eyes. I also think it's cool how you embraced your quilt's rebellious streak! :)

    ReplyDelete